VILLA BAYU – MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR HOLIDAY
We are in the enviable position at Villa Bayu of being in a uniquely peaceful and private location, yet with easy access to many fun and fascinating things to see and do, when you can prize yourself away from the villa! Our villa manager is happy to help you to plan your day and to offer recommendations but here is a quick taster of places to go and things to do:
1. A visit to the eleventh century Uluwatu temple is an absolute must at sunset, when there is a fascinating performance of the traditional Balinese Kecak.
2. A sunset cocktail at Uluwatu is hard to beat. Try Single Fin or The Edge bars for a breathtaking sundowner location, where the party kicks on until late on Wednesdays and Sundays. Or check out uber-stylish El Kabron for tapas and cocktails overlooking Dreamland or the stunning Suarga Hotel overlooking Pedang Pedang for drinks and dinner.
3. And if you want to take it to a whole new level…how about trying these two all day party destinations; the breathtaking Ulu Cliffhouse and The Omnia.
4. Waterbom Bali is a great day out and not just for children! Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides, as well as pools, spas and restaurants. Go early to beat the crowds.
5. Learn to surf at Padang Padang surf school (only a 5 minute drive from the villa). Their instructors are great with kids and beginners. Alternatively, chat to the lifeguards at Padang Padang Beach who will happily teach you to surf for IDR 400,000 for an hour and a half private instruction.
6. Take your pick of any number of restaurants in some of the five star hotels around the villa – Bulgari, Banyan Tree, Anantara and Alila are all a short drive away.
7. Enjoy a sunset dinner at one of the many seafood warungs dotted along Jimbaran Bay. Fresh lobster by candlelight with your feet in the sand, what could be better? We particularly like Menega Café.
8. Explore some of the local restaurants on the road from the villa to Pedang Pedang – Italian, Thai, Indonesian…take your pick! We particularly like the Trattoria at Pink Coco Hotel for great Italian food (and wonderful takeaway pizzas), The Bukit Cafe, Buddha Soul, Mango Tree Cafe and Nalu Bowls for the best breakfast in the Bukit. Also, check out Rolling Fork for home made Italian (you can walk here) and Kat’s Kitchen for incredible Thai Food just near the Ungasan crossroads about 15 minutes drive from the villa (the staff will pick up a takeaway if you like).
9. Indulge yourself at the Esthetic Day Spa, a 3 minute drive from the villa, or Bamboo Spa by L’Occitane in Jimbaran, or enjoy our in-house treatments. Still stressed? Allow our Villa Bayu yoga instructor to restore some balance or take a class with one of our fitness instructors to renew and re-energise.
10. Set yourself up for the day at a private Beach Club and enjoy the water sports and the waiter service from your comfortable lounge chair facing the gorgeous Indian Ocean. You can try Sundays Beach Club or Karma Beach Club, around 10 minutes drive from the villa.
11. Play a round at the spectacular New Kuta Golf Course, with its stunning views over the Indian Ocean.
12. Take the kids to Jenggala Ceramics and they can paint a plate whilst you browse the stunning ceramics.
13. If you are a bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling capital is an exciting experience. Visit the vibrant Denpasar markets, where everything and anything is available.
14. Bali Treetop Adventure Park (next to Lake Bratan) is for the adventurous among you. Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 meters, challenge all ages and skill levels on suspended bridges, spider nets, tarzan jumps and flying foxes.
15. For children and animal lovers, a trip to Bali Safari and Marine Park should definitely be on your itinerary. Home to hundreds of animals, you can enjoy elephant rides, a water park, shows and fine dining, while supporting wildlife conservation in Indonesia.
16. Shop-a-holics and foodies should consider a day trip to Seminyak, Bali’s cosmopolitan hub. Here, you can find stylish boutiques and international restaurants and bars including Potato Head Beach club and the fashionable Ku Dé Ta. For furniture, antiques and homewares stores go for a wander around the streets of nearby Kerobokan.
17. Snorkelling? Waterskiing? Fly Fishing? Whatever your chosen watersport, Tanjung Benoa has something for you. Located just a step away from Nusa Dua, Bali Marine Water Sports is one of several watersport providers.
18. Why not try your hand at some wakeboarding at the fantastic Bali Wake Park, where there is a shaded cafe with plenty of food and drinks to choose from for those who would rather watch the action on the water!